Oat Chocolate & Pecan Snack Bars
Hey folks - this is such a fabulous recipe. First of all, the combination of chocolate, pecans and oats is totally worthy of celebration, let alone the added bonus that it's all apart of a snack bar that is actually filling and full of good stuff to keep you going. These are becoming a regular in our house, and they sure do not last long when I whip them up, and they're incredibly moreish and perfect as a breakfast thingy, snack, after meal morsel or dessert - whatever floats your boat. I would imagine serving them warm with some vegan ice cream on top would also be a party. Enjoy honeybunches, you can't go wrong xo
1 1/1 cups quick oats
1/2 cup plain GF flour
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut sugar
2 handfuls of pecans, chopped
2 tbsp ground flax
2 handfuls of dairy free dark chocolate chips
1/3 cup apple puree/mashed banana
2 tbsp melted coconut oil/vegan butter
1/2 dairy free milk (or more, to bring the batter together)
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 9 ingredients together until thoroughly incorporated.
- In another medium bowl, mix the remaining ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour the wet into the dry and mix until a batter forms. If the mixture is too dry, add splashes of plant mylk and stir until it comes together.
- Grease and line a brownie tray (18cm x 25cm tin territory - although the thickness of the bars doesn't really matter), then fill with the batter, smoothing over with a spatula until flush.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 20-30 minutes until golden around the edges. Remove when cooked and leave to cook for 20 minutes before being tempted to devour. Enjoy!