Wendy's Chocolate Banana Frosty
When I have frozen bananas lying around, I don't even bother dreaming up other cool recipes to use them in. This is my recipe of choice, which I will (without fault) return to time and time again. It's the closest consistency to banana ice cream my blender can handle, whilst representing an icy childhood treat - yes that's right folks, the Wendy's frosty. However, you'll thank me for the lack of refined sugar and rather the addition of power-packed superfoods in this version, as I’ve not only vegan-a-fied it, but also made it full of raw goodness. You'll be so impressed with the ingredients list you'll be jumping for joy - and that's before you've even tried it. This is just perfection. Chocolaty frosty goodness that is healthy enough to have for breakfast. So get your bananas freezing people and enjoy!!
- 3 bananas, peeled, cut into chunks and frozen
- 1 heaped tbsp cacao
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder (vegan of course)
- 1 tsp PB2 powder (or regular peanut butter if you so please)
- 1 cup plant mylk (oat or rice work wonders here)
- 1 tsp cacao
- 1 tsp PB2 powder
- 2 tsp rice malt syrup (or any other sweetener of choice)
- Place the first six ingredients in a blender, and whiz until smooth. You may need to add additional plant mylk or water, depending on the power of your blender.
- For the drizzle, combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and stir with a spoon until smooth. Add a few drops of water if it's not coming together.
- To serve, pour the frosty into a glass and drizzle over the sauce generously! Delicious.