Freezer Snickers Slice // Vegan + RSF + GF + Oil Free
This is such a delicious, scrumptious, handy recipe to make. If you like to have a small (but EPIC) little square of something after dinner, with a cup of tea, or whenever - then this is for you. This slice if best kept in the freezer for a cold (yet quick-to-defrost supply of "heaven-in-a-mouthful". These are so SO yummy and slightly peanutty, but even if you're not a MASSIVE peanut fan - I think you'll like them. Of course, it's not exactly like a Snickers bar, but it gets pretty close - and is so full of goodness so bottoms up and enjoy lovelies!!
Makes approx 36 little squares.
- 1 cup raw macadamias
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 desiccated coconut
- pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup dark vegan chocolate
- 2 tbsp cocoa butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 heaped tbsp cocoa powder
- 3-4 tbsp coconut milk
- In a food processor, blitz the first 8 ingredients into a sticky crumble/dough mixture. You want it to be quite smooth, so scrape down the sides if necessary.
- Press into a 20cm square tin (or similar, you can't go wrong), that's been lined with baking paper. Smooth off with your hands or with a spatula. Place in the freezer until needed.
- In a heat-proof bowl, melt together all the remaining ingredients, with another pinch of salt. Stir to combine everything along the way and you could do this in a microwave, warm oven or over a pot of simmering water - up to you.
- Once a chocolatey melty bowl of wonderfulness, pour over the peanut base that has been in the freezer and smooth over with a spatula. Return to the freezer and leave to set (a couple of hours) before cutting up and tucking in. Best kept in the freezer.