Fruity Summer Pasta Salad
Sometimes you just want a light, fresh herb-ish salad that hits the spot. Well here's one for you. It was actually a request from my bro - as he wanted something along these lines to take to uni. If you don't know, or haven't assumed, then I make most (I'd argue nearly all) food around here. At least that's how it happens because of making/testing and trialing so many recipes for this space and a few others. But I really am not complaining, as it means that we have nearly all vegan food in the house, my family isn't consuming cancer causing crap every day and less earthlings have to be taken for meals that land on the table. But back to the salad, don't be put off by strawberries in the recipe, they add a really nice flavour that marries perfectly with the basil and tofu....really everything actually!
- handful of mint, finely chopped
- 120g hard tofu, cubed
- 10 strawberries, diced small
- 1/3 red onion, diced small
- 1 cup risoni pasta (or similar)
- 8 cherry tomatoes, diced small
- 1 cucumber, diced small
- 1 lemon cheek
- balsamic vinegar
- Cook the pasta according to packet directions and leave to cool. Crunchy up the tofu in a hot pan with a little oil if desired.
- Place the mint, pasta, tofu, strawberries, onion, tomatoes and cucumber in bowl and drizzle with the lemon juice and vinegar to taste.
- Either leave it in this cob salad type arrangement or toss with your hands. YUM!