Carrot & Parsley Savoury Scones w Garlic Butter
These are heaven. They take me back to these savoury scones I had growing up - but hands down these are 10 times better. Scones are kinda dry and these babes are SOOO NOT that! Which kind of makes them a savoury muffin (I do cook these in muffin cases) - but whatever you want to call these know that they're moist, comforting, savoury and will have you groaning with 'yummm' pulsating throughout ya' bod. Ok, that's a little OTT - but you get my point. Have these with a soup, in a lunch box, on a cosy cold afternoon, wherever - just please do make these - you'll have no regrets!!
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 large handful (60g ish) grated vegan cheese
- 1 handful parsley (1/4 cup-ish), finely chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened plant mylk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil/vegan butter (melted)
- 2 tbsp natural coconut yoghurt (or soy, or you could even use hummus)
- 1/2 cup polenta
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Prep your first three ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine the plant mylk with the vinegar and leave to sit for about 5 minutes until it curdles and becomes a buttermilk. Then add the oil and yoghurt and mix until smooth. Then add the carrot, cheese and parsley, stirring until evenly mixed.
- Add the polenta, flour and a grind each of salt & pepper to the bowl, gently bringing the whole mixture together into a muffin batter type of consistency.
- Evenly divide the mixture amongst 9 (approx.) muffin holes with cases in them if you have them. Cook in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until set and slightly golden brown.
- Meanwhile prepare the garlic butter by mixing the butter, garlic and a generous amount of salt & pepper together until smooth. Transfer to the freezer to harden up until needed.
- These are best served warm with the garlic butter - but are insanely delicious any-which-way you decide to eat them :)