Raw Vegan Wendy's Chocolate Frosty // Sugar Free + Low Fat
When I have frozen bananas lying around, I don't even bother dreaming up other cool recipes to use them in. This is my recipe of choice, which I will (without fault) return to time and time again. It's the closest consistency to banana ice cream my blender can handle, whilst representing an icy childhood treat - yes that's right folks, the Wendy's frosty. However, you'll thank me for the lack of refined sugar and rather the addition of power-packed superfoods in this version, as I’ve not only vegan-a-fied it, but also made it full of raw goodness. You'll be so impressed with the ingredients list you'll be jumping for joy - and that's before you've even tried it. This is just perfection. Chocolaty frosty goodness that is healthy enough to have for breakfast. So get your bananas freezing people and enjoy!!
Makes 1 large smoothie
- 3 bananas, peeled, cut into chunks and frozen
- 1 heaped tbsp cacao
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder (vegan of course)
- 1 tsp PB2 powder (or regular peanut butter if you so please)
- 1 cup plant mylk (oat or rice work wonders here)
- 1 tsp cacao
- 1 tsp PB2 powder
- 2 tsp rice malt syrup (or any other sweetener of choice)
- Place the first six ingredients in a blender, and whiz until smooth. You may need to add additional plant mylk or water, depending on the power of your blender.
- For the drizzle, combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and stir with a spoon until smooth. Add a few drops of water if it's not coming together.
- To serve, pour the frosty into a glass and drizzle over the sauce generously! Delicious.