Mango Passionfruit Smoothie
After visiting a discount organic store with my mum the other week and picking out some frozen mango cheeks I relished in the fact that I would not have to wait until next summer to taste that sweet mango taste that just makes you squeal to the heavens. See come winter time, the frozen mango that you find in the supermarket is usually from China or Thailand and just tastes like a gob-full of pesticides. Now since I have never purely had a gob-full of pesticides I don't exactly know if that is the precise taste I am thinking of, but just imagine some little cubes that have the same look as mango yet really don't taste like it at all, that's what they are like. Not pleasant. While organic frozen fruit is often ridiculously expensive - the quality is just incomparable. So if you can splurge or acquire some discounted organic mango cheeks then you'll thank me for it when making this recipe. It's that sweetness that you get at juice bars without the "mango nectar" poured into it to compensate for poor quality of the tasteless frozen chunks.
- 2 high quality mango cheeks, frozen
- 3-4 ripe and spotty bananas, fresh
- 3 passion fruit, flesh & seeds only
- 1 tablespoon coconut yogurt
- plant mylk/coconut water/filtered water
- Simply place all the ingredients into a blender and whiz until smooth, yet little flecks of passion fruit seed remain.
- Pour into glass(es) and drink immediately. Time will only create a frothier and runnier smoothie, even if kept in the fridge.