Green Goddess Aioli
There's a plant-based bagel joint in Melbourne called Sable, which has the most delicious green, garlicky, aioli-like sauce on some of their bagels which to me at least, completely steals the show. I wish they sold it by the tub to take home.
For a catering job recently, I promised a green goddess aioli to go with some polenta bites - and what I ended up throwing together made me stop in my tracks & stare wide-eyed at my dog! It was the Sable sauce !! Or my memory of it anyway. Deliciously bright & garlicky. A secret sauce that goes well with baked polenta, tofu, chips, as a salad dressing, on burgers, by the spoon etc. etc.
You might have to source a few ingredients at specialty supermarkets/Asian grocers, although I don't imagine you would go too far wrong, swapping like-for-like.
- 180g vegan garlic aioli or vegan mayonaisse
- 90g tofutti sour cream
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- large handful parsley
- handful basil leaves, roughly chopped
- handful garlic chives, roughly chopped
- handful carrot tops, roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt & pepper
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor & blend until smooth, but flecks of herb remain. You may have to push the ingredients towards the blades/scrape down the sides to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Scrape the contents into an air-tight jar/container & refrigerate until cold. It will last up to 5 days.