Greek Roast Potatoes // Vegan + GF + RSF
My mum said that these were so decadent she couldn't believe they weren't cooked in duck fat or something. I wasn't sure if that was a positive or a bad thing, but after further questioning, I can report it was a major thumbs up from her.
These really are so flavourful and delicious, you won't believe they're vegan. Any non-vegan will go nuts for them I assure you and they're dead easy. It's a bit of a wacky cooking technique so yes you are reading it correctly, water goes in with the potatoes too. But what this seems to do is infuse the potatoes with so much more flavour than 99.9% of the spuds you will have had in ya' life. I'm so glad I've learnt this way of making them - no going back... except when I don't have over an hour of time to cook these wee ones.
- 8 medium/large potatoes, peeled & cut into wedges
- 2 tsp minced garlic (or two cloves)
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tsp vegan chicken stock powder (or vegetable if that's what you have)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup water
- salt & pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
- Preheat your oven to 220C.
- In a dish that has at least a little rim, combine all the ingredients sans the lemon (yes, including the water), and mix around with your hands to combine.
- Add the lemon halves in there as well, then bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes. Take out of the oven and flip over a little, then return for another 10-20 minutes - or until most of the water has gone and the wedges are golden brown. Eat-up honeybunches!!