Double Chocolate Raspberry Muffins
Oh ma' goodness, I didn't think I'd taste the day when bang on chocolate and raspberry muffins that are vegan AND GF, that taste THIS good, came into existence. These are bang on, and freakishly-so considering what they are free from. There's a blend of flours that, along with the use of aquafaba, help create a wonderfully convincing muffin situation. Also, choc-raspberry - who doesn't love that combo!
- 1 tin aquafaba, drained from a 400g tin of chickpeas or beans
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp apple cidar vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chickpea (besan) flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour (GF or not)
- 1/2 cup almond meal (also known as almond flour)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- large handful frozen raspberries
- large handful vegan dark chocolate chips (or chopped vegan dark chocolate)
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C.
- Take a large bowl and add the first seven ingredients (down to and including the vanilla). Whisk until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the raspberries and chocolate) and whisk again from the center outwards until smooth. Use the back of a spoon to press out any lumps if you have any. Once smooth, add the raspberries and chocolate and gently fold through.
- Take a 12-hole muffin tin and line it with patty liners, or alternatively grease the tin. Divide (and conquer! Just kidding) the mixture amongst the holes so that they fill 3/4 of the way up. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until they are springy to touch and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for at least 10 minute before devouring!