Chickpea Tuna Salad Sandwich
This recipe is a true staple to become familiar with. It's so easy to whip together and only really contains "staple" ingredients, you know... nothing too fresh, so you can be sure to have a delicious meal at your fingertips when it's looking like toast is for dinner, or lunch - whenever. I wanna keep this brief, so grab the ingredients and go people, you won't regret it <3
- 1/2 can chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 2 small gherkins/pickles, finely diced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp vegan mayo (or another 1/4 avocado for oil free option)
- 1/4 tsp old bay seasoning (optional)
- 1/4 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- salt & pepper
- GF bread, cucumber sliced and crunchy lettuce to serve
- Toast your two slices of bread, then while they become nice and warm & crunchy, make your chickpea salad mix.
- Add your chickpeas to a bowl, smashing with a fork, until mostly smooth. Add the avocado and lemon juice, mashing and mixing until combined.
- Add all the other filling ingredients to the bowl, and mix it until everything is amongst one another, and covered in creamy chickpea mixture.
- Build your sandwich by spreading a generous layer of the mixture onto one slice of bread, adding slices of cucumber, oodles of crunchy lettuce and topping with the other side of bread. Then you're good to gobble - yum!
Want more like this? Leave a tip or become a patron.