Best-Ever Crispy Potatoes // Vegan + Oil Free + GF
These are spectacular!! Little nuggets of starchy glory. I have to say that the oil-free roast potato (not sweet potato folks, regular ol' potato) is quite difficult to make even remotely close to the original. Oil eaters (aka most of us) can really easily pick them out from the crowd as being "so-so". But do not fear, this twice cooked fluffy bite truly hits the spot. I recommend eating them straight out of the oven - and cooking them a little longer then you want to, aka - because you're hungry. Trust me the extra golden brown on these babies will be worth it. Enjoy!!
Serves: 4-6 as a side dish
- 1.5kg potatoes (the yellow-ish types are great)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp mixed herbs
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika (sweet or smoked)
- 2 tsp onion powder/flakes
- salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- Peel and wash your potatoes, so that they are clean as a baby's bottom.
- Cut the potatoes into chunks and boil for 5-7 minutes or until just tender.
- Meanwhile mix the remaining ingredients in a small bowl until combined.
- Drain the tender potatoes, and put back in the pot you boiled them in. Sprinkle over the seasoning and then return the lid to the pot. Gently toss until the spices coat the potatoes. You don't want to giggle so hard that they break up, put don't be to gentle either.
- Place the potatoes on a lined baking sheet, spreading them out so that they have room to brown up and get crispy. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Delicious!