These babies are glorious! Soft & comforting, the banana flavour transports you right to a coffee-house or cozy-cafe situation. I had many muffins in cafe's growing up (waiting for my brother to be done at X, Y or Z after-school activity) - and how they were always warmed up, served with some salty butter on the side (for both savoury and sweet muffins), always left me satisfied on another level! You would not guess these are GF, which is another bonus - making them one of my best GF baked-goods to date. Hope you enjoy these HB's!!
- 2-3 bananas (equating to 2 large bananas)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp apple cidar vinegar
- 1/2 cup chickpea (besan) flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal/flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats (GF if desired)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 cup nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds etc.), chopped
- to sprinkle: coconut sugar & more chopped nuts
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, add the bananas and mash thoroughly into a puree. Add the plant-milk, sugar, vanilla, grapeseed oil and vinegar, whisking until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients (down to and including the pinch of salt). Whisking from the center outwards, mix to combine. Add in the nuts and gently stir once more to combine.
- Line approx. 12 muffin holes, and fill each 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle each muffin with a little coconut sugar and some more chopped nuts.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and springy to touch.
Want more like this? Leave a tip or become a patron.