Stir-Fry Singapore Noodles // Vegan + GF
Asian noodle dishes are the stuff we crave night and day, wishing that we could create that specific flavour we long for in our very own kitchens. Well fret no more friends, because this is both easy and flavourful - hitting the nail on the head if I do say so myself. These type of dishes can so easily be ridiculously salty, but this one certainly isn't. They can also make too little, leaving you feeling incomplete and still peckish, this one makes a mountain. Lastly they are often full of refined sugar and glistening with oil, this ain't one of those either. I am so proud of this recipe and the easy nature of it that I just know it will be a success with your friends and fam. So grab some noodles and use up those 'bits-and-bob' veggies in your fridge in making some delicious (hardly authentic, but still delicious) Singapore noodles!!
- 400g rice noodles
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb sized ginger piece, minced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 2 cups hard veggies, thinly sliced (e.g. carrot, broccoli, capsicum)
- 2 cups soft veggies, thinly sliced (e.g. mushrooms, kale, zucchini)
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce/tamari
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- sesame seeds
- coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Prepare the noodles by placing them in a large bowl, breaking them up if necessary, and covering with boiling water. Place a plate on top of the bowl and cover for 15-20 minutes until tender, washing with cold water once cooked to prevent them from congealing together in a big blob.
- Meanwhile, in a medium fry-pan saute the oil, garlic, ginger, curry powder and onion until soft and fragrant.
- Add the hard veggies and saute until partially softened. Then add the soft veggies and continue to stir and soften until tender (yet not falling to pieces).
- Add the sauce ingredients (coconut sugar, tamari, vinegar and chilli sauce) to the pan and caramalise until bubbling and golden.
- Take the veggies off the heat and add the noodles. Gently toss the two together so that the sauce covers all the noodles.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and coriander leaves, serving immediately for maximum deliciousness!!