One Bowl Banana Bread // Vegan + Oil Free + GF + RSF
Oh banana bread - where art thou?? You are so satisfying, so homey and like a warm hug. Or is that butter beer? Either way, this stuff is pretty likeable. I have made a rather perfect version here without pesky things like dairy, gluten or oil hanging about - I am pretty proud of the accomplishment if I do say so myself. It's not like it tastes at all different from the original (not that I remember exactly, admittedly). It's full of nourishing ingredients and as far as I'm concerned, it ticks all of the texture, taste, crumb and appearance boxes. Enjoy, and thank me later :D
Makes, 1 loaf
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed until smooth
- 1 tsp vanilla (paste/extract/essence)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup plant mylk
- 1/2 cup plain flour (or GF plain flour)
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 handfuls of choc chips/walnuts/pecans (whatever you desire)
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C (slow oven setting, if you have it, otherwise 180C fan-forced will still work).
- In a large bowl, place the first six ingredients, and whisk until mostly smooth. Chunks of banana may still remain.
- On top of the wet mixture, add the remaining ingredients (sans the choc chips). Using a fork, swirl around the dry ingredients to lightly disperse them. Then using a wooden spoon or spatula - incorporate them together gently. Don't over mix. Stir in the choc chips or whatever add-ins you desire.
- Grease and line a medium sized loaf pan. Pour in the batter and smooth over. Decorate with chopped banana if you choose.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until risen and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
*VIDEO FOUND HERE