Fudgy Chocolate Sauce // Vegan + GF
A recipe for wickedly good chocolate sauce is long overdue - my apologies! But heavens-to-Betsy, move over red-rover - this is the stuff!! Lusciously thick, sweet, malty, chocolaty goodness that's has no pesky head-ache inducing side-effects, nor lingering coconutty flavor. Just versatile, dead-easy chocolate sauce that you can whip up in moments. Hope you like it as much as I do. Pop it on ice cream, brownies, porridge or your finger. Which ever way, make it!
Makes nearly approx. 400ml (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 x 270ml tin coconut cream
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp castor sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp nut butter (almond, or almond blend works well)
- 1 x 100g block vegan dark chocolate (70% or more)
- In a small pot or saucepan, combine the coconut cream, golden syrup, castor sugar and nut butter. Pop over low heat & whisk to combine. Stir occasionally for a minute or two, until warm, smooth & the sugar has dissolved.
- Meanwhile, chop your chocolate into small pieces.
- Take your pot off the heat, then add the chocolate, stirring to melt & incorporate. Give it a minute or two to do its work. Whisk again to form a silky sauce (you can thin it out with a little hot water if need be) & use it on what-ever you like. Store in the fridge, yet know it will set hard, so warm through on a VERY low heat before using.