Classic Vegan Pancakes // GF + RSF
Pancakes. They're a staple and I'm surprised I don't have a recipe for them on here already. But never fear, because a splendid one is here!! Easily made gluten free if that's what you need, and just as good either way so we can all happily have pancake-including breakfasts and brunches on those mornings that call for it. Also having a leftover pancake spread with jam or chocolate spread really takes me back to my childhood. If that’s the case for you, then this recipe gets you half way there.
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour (GF or not)
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened plant milk
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or liquid sweetener)
- 2 tbsp aquafaba (juice from a can of chickpeas, beans)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- vegan butter/grapeseed oil/coconut oil
- To Serve: maple syrup, fresh fruit
- In a large mixing bowl, add the first six ingredients (aka the dry ingredients) and whisk until combined.
- Make a well in the center and add the remaining ingredients (down to and including the vanilla). Whisk the wet into the dry until smooth.
- Take a non-stick fry pan and add a little vegan butter/grapeseed oil/coconut oil to the pan. Ladle in pancake batter, spread around slightly to perfect the shape. When bubbles appear on the surface, flip over and cook for a few minutes more.
- Serve with maple syrup and fresh fruit