Cilantro Cucumber Soba Noodle Salad // Vegan + GF
On the weather outlook where I live, there are not too many warm days ahead. Today for example it feels like winter and I'm almost wanting to put the heaters on - and I am always the last person to suggest that. Anyhoos, I am planning to make the most of these warm days as I know before long we'll be plunged in the (seemingly forever lasting) winter that only gives sporadic warm days that come out of nowhere. I hope to make it to the beach for some sunset swims and further spend time in nature doing yoga and eating vegan deliciousness. But I'm really getting off the matter at hand here. That is, that on really warm days, you A) don't want to turn the oven on, and B) can hardly be bothered preparing anything because you'd rather be doing other things. This salad totally hits that spot right there. Soba noodles are ridiculously easy to prepare and immensely delicious. I could just eat them plain all day long. I'm hoping that in the future I master a vegan okonomiyaki recipe so that you can realise how amazingly delicious they are on the bottom of those, crisped up until perfection. A great way to hearty up this salad would be to add some tofu, or whatever else floats your boat. Hope you enjoy!
Serves one hungry individual, or four as a side.
- 2 x 90g soba noodle servings
- 2 cucumbers
- handful of cilantro
- handful of mint
- 1 tsp jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp mustard (english, roman etc.)
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- chilli flakes
- cracked pepper
- sesame seeds
- Cook the noodles according to packet directions.
- Meanwhile finely slice the cucumbers and ruffly chop the mint and cilantro.
- To make the dressing combine the jalapeno, garlic, mustard, tamari, maple syrup, lime juice and oil in a small bowl.
- Toss the cooled noodles with the herbs, cucumber and dressing until combined. Sprinkle with the desired amount of chilli flakes, pepper and sesame seeds. YUM
*VIDEO FOUND HERE