Baked ‘Feta’ & Tomato Pasta // Vegan + GF + RSF
So (apparently) this recipe is all the rage on TikTok. Or was, I'm sure most have moved onto the next new thing. But knowing soft vegan cashew-based cheeses are on the market, I was eager to give a modified version of this a go. And hold the phone - because this turned out to be so delicious! The charm is in the simplicity of it (I will admit) but that just makes you appreciate the two ingredients all the more. Make this HBs !!
*This recipe showcases The Vegan Dairy's 'Chilli Chives' Cheese - however any similar quality cashew-based vegan cheese would work
- 500g (two punnets) cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 x block ‘The Vegan Dairy’ Chilli Chives Cheese
- 350g pasta (GF, if desired)
- Preheat your oven to 200C (400F).
- Topple the cherry tomatoes into a large baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Toss to coat. Place the Chilli Chives block in the middle of the tray, tossing to coast in the oil/seasoning a couple of times. Transfer the tray to the oven to bake for 30 minutes, or until the tomatoes are starting to split & the cheese it golden.
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta according to packet instructions. Save a smidge of the cooking water before draining.
- To finish, mash the cheese (in the tray) with a fork before toppling in the pasta and reserved cooking water. Mix everything together thoroughly, before serving.