Raspberry & White Chocolate Muffins // Vegan + Oil Free + RSF
Ahh muffins, how prolific you were in the non-vegan previous life. I would have them in school lunches, buy them from the school canteen, make them on weekends and enjoy their therapeutic properties whenever I felt like chilling out with a wooden spoon. The bummer with a vegan muffin is that they often require a 1/3 cup of oil. You see that amount splashed around a whole lot, 1/3 here, 1/3 cup there - and it can make me cry out, "come on people, there has to be another way!!". The rather successful Banana Bread recipe that I have, inspired me the other day to pull out the oil-free baking talent buried beneath and master another victory. And what do you know, I DID IT!! Unbelievably delicious muffins with a welcome tang of lemon, I personally go nuts for. If ya' not a lemon fan, just leave it out - but for the rest of you, you're in for a treat!!
Makes 12 muffins.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- zest of 1 lemon, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups plant mylk
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 handfuls frozen raspberries
- 2 handfuls white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- In a large bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients with a whisk until combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, vanilla, mylk, almond butter and vinegar with the same whisk until mostly smooth.
- Tip the wet into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth. Don't overmix, yet don't be alarmed either if there are still some lumps in the mixture.
- Toss in the raspberries and chocolate, then mix once more to gently combine.
- Line 12 muffin holes with paper or alternatively grease with a plant fat, then spoon in the mixture, dividing it among the 12 holes. Bake for 14-20 minutes, until risen and lightly golden. Cool for 10+ minutes before devouring.
RECIPE VIDEO FOUND HERE