Moroccan Lentil Soup // Vegan + GF + Oil Free
I know that soups are soups and they are kind of boring to look at and plate up - but this recipe has been on circulation in my family for good reason. It's incredibly simple to make and so SO good for you. Let the lentils become soft and squishy, while the leeks sweat and become sweet. Some quality sourdough is a must and let it make you warm and fuzzy from the inside out. If you want a more starch heavy meal, serve on top of some potatoes as a sort of dahl. Or if you're a veggie lover, steam some kale with garlic to pair it with. Whatever you do just remember to add it to your repertoire.
Serves 4 :)
- 250g red lentils
- 2 medium brown onions, diced
- 2 leeks, washed and finely sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1.5L veggie stock
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- sourdough to serve, optional
- handful of chopped coriander
- Water saute the onion, carrot and leak until translucent.
- Meanwhile wash the lentils and discard any uncoulored ones.
- Add the cumin, paprika and garlic. Stir for another 2 minutes until combined on the stove.
- Add the lentils and the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce to medium heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the lentils are cooked and the soup has become thick.
- Take the time to taste test and season with salt, pepper and the tomato paste.
- Serve with the coriander and sourdough.
*VIDEO FOUND HERE